21st Century Bears Website

21st Century Bears Website
The home of artist bears.

Wednesday 28 September 2011

FERN

Fern is my little black Shetland Pony and she is very timid and virtually impossible to catch. At one point last year it took me 6 weeks to catch her for the Farrier to trim her hooves. I spent day after day sitting in the field trying to coax her to come to me. I eventually managed to pen her into a section of field and finally caught her. Once on the lead rope she stands quietly whilst her hooves are trimmed, unlike Tia who can do a brilliant jump up in the air while the poor Farrier hangs on desperately. He says Shetlands are often harder to trim as they are so small he has to practically lie down to trim them and they can be a bit of a handful and get up to all kinds of tricks - or maybe that's just my Shetlands.
They are due their next trim in a couple of weeks so I'm preparing Fern for the traumatic experience so I can catch her on the day. Maybe I should take lessons in horse whispering.

No comments:

Post a Comment